The person I dealt with was not just a salesperson but the manager of the optical department at J.C.Penney at West County Mall in Saint Louis.

I went to purchase glasses for my son for a Christmas present. He picked out the glasses and the woman calculated the price. Then before ringing up the purchase, she said she forgot to charge an extra $10 per lens for his strong prescription, and added $20 to the bill. I gave her my credit card, and she just gave me a credit card receipt showing the amount paid.

When I asked, "Don't I get a receipt showing the breakdown of the cost?", she said the credit card receipt was all I needed to pick up the glasses. Surprisingly, the next day, I got a receipt e-mailed to me. When I examined the receipt, I saw that she had added options that she didn't even discuss with me - like "teflon clear coat" at $22.50 per lens and poly "HD" lenses, for some reason at $85.00 for one lens and $35.00 for the other, which she never explained. So I realized then why she didn't want to give me an itemized receipt.

But the big surprise was that what she called "an extra charge of $20 for the strong prescription", was really for an eyewear protection plan which she didn't even discuss with me, and which I certainly did not request.

When I went in to pick up the glasses, I asked about the extra charges, but since my son was happy with the glasses, I didn't want to have to send them back, so I agreed to pay for the extras she added, BUT, I told the clerk that I do not want that eyewear protection plan, so please cancel that.I don't think I was being unreasonable, but I just got my credit card statement showing the eye glasses purchase from J.C.Penney, and they had not cancelled the eyewear protection plan and had not deducted the $20.

Review about: Jcpenney Optical Sales Representative.

Reason of review: Dishonest salesperson.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dishonest salesperson.

Had an Experience with Jcpenney Optical?

Comments